It is time for Dev Update 4!
A lot of new and exciting features in this update!
First, main and the most exciting news: we have selected the name for the game!
Please welcome: Star Fortress ™. A new website for the game was registered as well: www.StarFortressUniverse.com
My team and I are very excited working on Star Fortress! We also hosted an event in Florida Unreal Meetup demoing a current functionality. That was really awesome!!! I did not expect such reception. Everyone had tons of fun fragging each other! :)))
Now, some progress and tech news:
- Energy and kinetic weapons reload
- Added new locomotion states: dive and roll, roll after a high jump
- Finally I was able to compile server part of the game for Linux using clang 5 and Unreal Engine 4.19 (see programming tips)
- Fusion Reactor (ver. 1)
- Tons of small here and there updates
Some Programmings Tips
- Need to get montage played only on a part of the body? Do like this:
Also, you can make an additive montage. I use it for a weapon recoil.
- To compile UE 4.19 projects for Linux on Windows using clang 5 you need to disable warning as errors:
c:\Unreal \ UE-4.19 \Engine \ Source \ Programs \ UnrealBuildTool \ Platform \ Linux \ LinuxToolChain.cs
– Result += ” -Wall -Werror”;
+ Result += ” -Wall”;